Ninth International Conference on Communication & Media Studies
October 24 - 25, 2024
Interamerican Open University
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Welcome to the micro-site for the Ninth International Conference on Communication & Media Studies.
Founded in 2015, the Communication & Media Studies Research Network offers an interdisciplinary forum for the discussion of the role of the media and communications in society. We seek to build an epistemic community where we can make linkages across disciplinary, geographic, and cultural boundaries. As a Research Network, we are defined by our scope and concerns and motivated to build strategies for action framed by our shared themes and tensions.
The Ninth International Conference on Communication & Media Studies features research addressing the following annual themes and special focus:
- 2024 Special Focus—
- Theme 1: Media Cultures
- Theme 2: Media Theory
- Theme 3: Media Technologies and Processes
- Theme 4: Media Business
- Theme 5: Media Literacies
We are interested in the following lines of investigation:
- On the cultures of media and the media of culture.
- On the theories of media and communication.
- On the technologies of media and communication.
- On the business of communication media.
- On the languages and learning of media.