Fourteenth International Conference on Food Studies
October 02 - 04, 2024
Politécnico de Portalegre, Campus Politécnico
Welcome to the microsite for the Fourteenth International Conference on Food Studies.
Founded in 2011, the Food Studies Research Network is brought together around a common interest to explore new possibilities for sustainable food production and human nutrition, and associated impacts of food systems on culture. We seek to build an epistemic community where we can make linkages across disciplinary, geographic, and cultural boundaries. As a Research Network, we are defined by our scope and concerns and motivated to build strategies for action framed by our shared themes and tensions.
The Fourteenth International Conference on Food Studies calls for research addressing the following annual themes and special focus:
2024 Special Focus—Place Matters: The Valorization of Cultural, Gastronomic, and Territorial Heritage
- Theme 1: Food Production and Sustainability
- Theme 2: Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Theme 3: Food Politics, Policies, and Cultures
We are interested in the following questions:
- How sustainable is our current food system?
- How do we improve public understandings of nutrition and community eating practices?
- How do we navigate the politics and policies of food systems?