Twenty-fourth International Conference on Knowledge, Culture, and Change in Organizations
July 03 - 05, 2024
Lusiada Research Center on Social Work and Social Intervention, Luisada University
Welcome to the micro-site for the Twenty-fourth International Conference on Knowledge, Culture, and Change in Organizations.
Founded in 1993, the Organization Studies Research Network comes together around a common concern for, and a shared interest to explore, new possibilities in knowledge, culture, and change management, within the broader context of the nature and future of organizations and their impact on society. We seek to build an epistemic community where we can make linkages across disciplinary, geographic, and cultural boundaries.
The Twenty-fourth International Conference on Knowledge, Culture, and Change in Organizations calls for research addressing the following annual themes and special focus:
- 2024 Special Focus—The Future We Want: Organizational Responsibilities for Climate Responses
- Theme 1: Organizational Intangibles and Tangible Value
- Theme 2: Knowledge Economies as the Constant
- Theme 3: Organizations as Knowledge Makers
- Theme 4: The Value of Culture and the Demand of Change
We are interested in the following questions:
- What are the intangible drivers which determine the livability of organizations for insiders and their credibility and attraction to outsiders?
- Ours is the era of the knowledge economy, but when has this not been the truth?
- What is this nebulous thing ‘knowledge’ and how do organizations create, innovate, and manage it?
- How do we guide change to social, stakeholder, and market dynamics grounded in principles of ethics, equality, and care for those in our organizations and the societies we live in?
Organization Studies Research Network also supports a book imprint and a collection of journals.