Ninth International Conference on Tourism & Leisure Studies
June 19 - 21, 2024
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Welcome to the micro-site for the Ninth International Conference on Tourism & Leisure Studies.
Founded in 2015, the Tourism & Leisure Studies Research Network is brought together to explore the economic, cultural, and organizational aspects of tourism and leisure. We seek to build an epistemic community where we can make linkages across disciplinary, geographic, and cultural boundaries. As a Research Network, we are defined by our scope and concerns and motivated to build strategies for action framed by our shared themes and tensions.
- 2024 Special Focus—Tourism, Leisure and Change: Transforming People and Places
- Theme 1: Changing Dimensions of Contemporary Tourism
- Theme 2: Changing Dimensions of Contemporary Leisure
- Theme 3: Tourism and Leisure Industries
- Theme 4: Critical Issues in Tourism and Leisure Studies
We are interested in the following questions:
- How to connect conceptual foundations of tourism and leisure to the social and natural sciences and back?
- How do the practices of tourism and leisure reveal consequential impacts of everyday life?
- What are the forces that shape the communication of experiences in time and space?
- In what ways must we consider new approaches, concepts, frameworks, to promote new research, models, and practices?