Information, Medium & Society: Twenty-second International Conference on Publishing Studies
June 26 - 28, 2024
Sapienza University of Rome, Department of European, American and Intercultural Studies
Welcome to the micro-site for the Information, Medium & Society: Twenty-second International Conference on Publishing Studies.
Information, Medium & Society: The Publishing Studies Research Network was founded in 2003 with the inaugural International Conference on the Future of the Book. Since then, the Research Network has expanded its scope in two phases. The first was in 2009 when it became the Books, Publishing, and Libraries Research. In this iteration, the Research Network began to look beyond the book as the primary site of investigation. In 2019 the network underwent another change, to become Information, Medium & Society - The Publishing Studies Research Network.
The Information, Medium & Society: Twenty-second International Conference on Publishing Studies features research addressing the following annual themes and special focus:
- 2024 Special Focus—Traveling Concepts: Publishing Systems and the Transfer and Translation of Ideas
- Theme 1: Informational Foundations
- Theme 2: Mediums of Disruptions
- Theme 3: Social History and Impacts
We are interested in the following lines of investigation:
- On the formation of social knowledge, navigating the construction of shared knowledge of the cultural and natural worlds, interweaving these with individual and community subjectivities.
- On the changing processes of textual production and distribution from past to present, and the impacts of digitization and the internet on the future of publishing.
- On the interdisciplinary and practice-focused nature of publishing as a domain of research, and measures of social impact.